quotes from http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/destruction
“Right or wrong, it's very pleasant to break something from time to time.”
―
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
“The urge to destroy is also a creative urge.
"Every act of creation is first an act of destruction."
Pablo Picasso
“I often see how you sob over what you destroy, how you want to stop and
just worship; and you do stop, and then a moment later you are at it
again with a knife, like a surgeon. ”
―
Anaïs Nin
“the way to create art is to burn and destroy
ordinary concepts and to substitute them
with new truths that run down from the top of the head
and out of the heart”
―
Charles Bukowski
“The monster I kill every day is the monster of realism. The monster who
attacks me every day is destruction. Out of the duel comes the
transformation. I turn destruction into creation over and over again.”
―
Anaïs Nin,
Henry and June: From "A Journal of Love"--The Unexpurgated Diary of Anaïs Nin
“If I had known they were going to do this, I would have become a shoemaker.”
―
Albert Einstein
“We have to heal our wounded world. The chaos, despair, and senseless
destruction we see today are a result of the alienation that people feel
from each other and their environment.”
―
Michael Jackson
“The essential act of war is destruction, not necessarily of human
lives, but of the products of human labour. War is a way of shattering
to pieces, or pouring into the stratosphere, or sinking in the depths of
the sea, materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too
comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent.”
―
George Orwell,
1984
“What obsession do men have for destruction and murder? Who do we
electrocute men for murdering an individual and then pin a purple heart
on them for mass slaughter of someone arbitrarily labeled 'enemy?”
―
Sylvia Plath,
The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
“The destruction of this planet would have no significance on a cosmic scale.”
―
Stanley Kubrick
[what if I happened to poke your eye with a needle?]
No comments:
Post a Comment